Menu
805.691.9195
Cart 0 items: $0.00

2015 Dry Riesling

Santa Barbara County

2015 Dry Riesling
Add To Cart
$38.00
/ 750 ML

Riesling’s current popularity in the United States has provided a wonderful alternative to typical white California varietals. While the grape is often linked to sweetness, we relished the opportunity to create a unique and dry wine. Unlike the German tradition of leaving residual sugar, our Riesling is fully fermented - completely “bone-dry” as is traditional in our native Austria. 

The extravagant fruit and floral notes engage the senses while tangy citrus mixed with stone fruit and a clean, refreshing finish make it a tongue pleasing experience which should develop even more character as it ages over the next 5 to 8 years. 

Our Riesling is 40% sourced from a cool climate Santa Maria vineyard, Riverbench, foot stomped and left on skins for 24 hours. The other 60% is from Santa Ynez Valley 40-year old dry farmed vines. All the juice was aged in old french barrel for 7 months.

Dry Riesling is great with cheeses, Thai and Asian spicy foods, vegetable tagine, sushi, fried calamari, halibut and sea bass. Turkey, sausage and fried chicken are also a tasty match.

Varietal: 100% Riesling
Vineyards: 60% Santa Ynez, 40% Riverbench Vineyard
Fermentation: Native yeast in neutral oak barrel
Aging: 6 months in 60 Gallon Neutral French Oak
Alcohol: 13.3%
Cases Produced: 115

 

Wine Specs
Vintage
2015
Varietal
Riesling
Appellation
Santa Barbara County
Alcohol %
13.3